Protecting our Users (Because we love you)
- We do not run banner ads, pop-ups, pop-unders, or any other kind of commercial ads (strictly classifieds!).
- We do not share your information with third-parties for marketing purposes
- We do not employ tracking devices for marketing purposes.
- We hide and anonymize your e-mail to reduce incidences of spamming, identity theft, solicitation and 3rd party harvesting.
- We provide a filter to hide all posts by persons without access to a university (.edu) e-mail address to allow students to deal exclusively with students.
- We try to read every listing to remove any listings that contain threatening, derogatory, or otherwise inappropriate content. Due to sheer capacity, we cannot always review every listing before they are published. For the reason, we have developed automatic screeners and a community flagging feature with automatic posting removal.
- We provide a feature to opt-out of commercial responses to your post.
- We do not knowingly collect or use any information from persons under the age of 13. We care about the children and want to protect their privacy. If we obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 13, we will to take steps to remove any content posted by that user and any of the user’s personal information from our databases. By using CollegeCraig.org, you represent that you are able to form a binding contract in your jurisdiction.
- CollegeCraig, or people who post on CollegeCraig.org, may provide links to third party websites with different privacy practices. Since we have no control over the privacy policies of third-party websites, we cannot accept responsibility for their actions. We strongly encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website they visit.
Collecting Information (For features and improvements)
- We will sometimes collect your e-mail address for the purposes of sending confirmation and listing editing e-mails, notifications of CollegeCraig expansion or feature releases, to provide subscription e-mail services, etc.
- When you make an offer through CollegeCraig, we collect your name and e-mail address so that the owner of the listing knows who to contact to respond to your offer.
- For some listings (jobs, for example) we will collect pertinent information such as pay.
- We track your listing views during any individual session on CollegeCraig to enable the My Recent Views feature. We do this solely for user convenience; once you leave the page, that data is erased and will not be stored for future visits.
- We may collect your personal information if you provide it when contacting us with questions or feedback. We simply do this to keep track of your concerns, and respond to you if necessary.
- Any personal information provided in your listing will be stored for the purpose of maintaining the content of your listing. We strongly recommend that you do not provide any private information in your listing or in your initial correspondance to anyone who responds.
- Our web logs and analytic service collects standard information from users including each page visited, your IP address, location, and timestamps. This information, which may be collected through automated technologies, including cookies, web server logs and web beacons, does not contain personal information and helps us cater to our users, diagnose problems, and improve the CollegeCraig service.
Storing Data (So things run smoothly)
- All classified listings are stored in our database, even after “deletion,” and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and analytics are stored indefinitely.
- We make good faith efforts to store and protect the information, but we cannot guarantee complete security.
When we Release Information (On top of safety)
- We may disclose information about our users if required by law, or in the good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to some sort of legal process.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Questions? Concerns? Feedback? (Anything at all)