We used to stay up all night thinking about how we could keep you safe. We sleep like babies now.
Common sense is such a beautiful thing. We're so proud of yours. Still, just to be extra safe, we installed an abundance of safety features on CollegeCraig. Most importantly, students can protect their emails and deal directly with other students and university alumni. With that said, please do us a solid and heed the following advice:
Keeping your Transactions Safe
- Deal locally, in-person, in a very public place, and always on campus (i.e., the student union or cafeteria)
- Follow the buddy system: bring a friend with you and suggest the other party does too. Otherwise, notify at least a couple budies of your exact whereabouts.
- Be careful with any transaction that would require you to provide any personal information. Air on the side of caution giving out anything more than a phone number.
- Deal in cash whenever possible
- Do not provide any financial information, personal information, or background information on yourself
- Do not wire transfer, deposit, or send funds via mail or money order
- Do not accept payment via cashier checks or money orders
- Do not buy, rent, or trade for anything sight unseen
- Avoid posting your telephone number on CollegeCraig
- Verify a student's e-mail and identity with the university or university directory if possible
- Be honest